Happy Friday everyone! Today I’m announcing my first ever HalfWild Readalong hosted on Instagram.
In July, I’m inviting you to read The Final Empire with me. This is the first book in the Mistborn series and my first time reading Brandon Sanderson.
- You’ll be invited to an Instagram group chat at the beginning of July to get to know everyone taking part.
- We’ll start reading on July 5th, and following the reading schedule, there will be discussions every week so we can share our thoughts and theories as we read. See schedule below.
- Use #halfwildreadalong and I’ll share your posts on my stories!
- You’ll be invited to my close friends Instagram story, where I’ll share chatty reading updates throughout the month.
How to Join
- Comment under the announcement or send me a DM on Instagram here!
- No, you don’t have to have bookstagram account or a blog, just a love for reading!
- It’s never too late to join.
- You can join if this is a reread, but please don’t share any spoilers during the weekly discussion.
On average, we’ll read 160-170 pages a week.
- July 1st – You’ll be invited to a group chat to get to know everyone.
- Week One: July 5th – July 11th, Chapters 1-8
- Week Two: July 12th – July 18th, Chapters 9-20
- Week Three: July 19th – July 25th, Chapters 21-29
- Week Four: Jul 26th – July 31st, Chapter 30 – End
The Final Empire, Mistborn Book One Synopsis
For a thousand years the ash fell and no flowers bloomed. For a thousand years the Skaa slaved in misery and lived in fear. For a thousand years the Lord Ruler, the “Sliver of Infinity,” reigned with absolute power and ultimate terror, divinely invincible. Then, when hope was so long lost that not even its memory remained, a terribly scarred, heart-broken half-Skaa rediscovered it in the depths of the Lord Ruler’s most hellish prison. Kelsier “snapped” and found in himself the powers of a Mistborn. A brilliant thief and natural leader, he turned his talents to the ultimate caper, with the Lord Ruler himself as the mark.
Kelsier recruited the underworld’s elite, the smartest and most trustworthy allomancers, each of whom shares one of his many powers, and all of whom relish a high-stakes challenge. Then Kelsier reveals his ultimate dream, not just the greatest heist in history, but the downfall of the divine despot.
But even with the best criminal crew ever assembled, Kel’s plan looks more like the ultimate long shot, until luck brings a ragged girl named Vin into his life. Like him, she’s a half-Skaa orphan, but she’s lived a much harsher life. Vin has learned to expect betrayal from everyone she meets. She will have to learn trust if Kel is to help her master powers of which she never dreamed.
Brandon Sanderson, fantasy’s newest master tale-spinner and author of the acclaimed debut Elantris, dares to turns a genre on its head by asking a simple question: What if the prophesied hero failed to defeat the Dark Lord? The answer will be found in the Misborn Trilogy, a saga of surprises that begins with the book in your hands. Fantasy will never be the same again
This is my first time every hosting a readalong and I’m so excited to read with you all! I hope to see some of you there.
Thank you for reading,
Nicole / HalfWildBooks